Well, it is very exhausting when you want to explore your favourite flavours with vaping, and suddenly your vape pen stop working even at full charge. At this time, don’t dispose of it immediately before knowing the common causes and solutions to tackle this problem. It could happen due to certain facts which make your vape pen not working after charge.
Vape pens usually come with a red blinking light to indicate a low battery and green light for a charged battery. When you plug in your vape charger, it should be green, but if not, then something is bad with your vape pen.
So let’s find out about these problems and some troubleshooting solutions so you will not face them again!
Why is my vape pen not working?
Before disposing of your vape pen, try to figure out the reasons. Here are some potential reasons why your vape pen may not be working. It could be due to
- Battery issues
- Coil problems
- Cartridge malfunctions
- Airflow blockage
- Temperature settings
- A stuck activation button
- Low battery power
- Firmware issues
Make sure the battery is charged and connected properly, check and replace the coil or cartridge if necessary, clean the airflow vents, control temperature, ensure the activation button is functioning correctly, recharge the battery, and update the firmware if applicable.
Disposable vape pen not working after charge
If your disposable vape pen is not functioning after being charged, there are a few potential explanations for this problem. One possibility is that the battery in the vape pen is defective or malfunctioning, which can prevent it from holding a charge or supplying power to the heating element. Since disposable vape pens are not designed to be opened or repaired, there is no practical way to fix or replace the battery in this case.
Another factor to consider is overcharging. Leaving the disposable vape pen connected to the charger for an excessive amount of time could lead to damage to the battery, potentially resulting in its failure to function properly. It’s important to adhere to the recommended charging times provided by the manufacturer to prevent overcharging.
And also, check the connection between the battery and the heating element or cartridge. If the connection is loose or not properly secured, it can impede the power flow and cause the pen to not work even after charging.
Major causes why your vape pen not working after charge
Here we discuss the major causes of why your vape not working after charging, so it will be easy for you to prevent your vape pen from these issues.
1. Battery Issues:
- Defective Battery: The battery in your vape pen may be defective, causing it not to hold a charge or provide insufficient power for vaporization. In such cases, the battery may need to be replaced.
- Drained Battery: If the battery is completely drained, it may not have enough power to heat the coil and produce vapor. Make sure to charge the battery fully before using the vape pen.
2. Connection Problems:
- Loose Connections: If the connections between the battery, heating element, or cartridge are loose or not properly secured, it can disrupt the flow of power. Ensure that all components are securely connected.
- Dirty or Corroded Connections: Dirt, debris, or corrosion on the connections can also hinder the proper power flow. Clean the connections with a soft cloth or cotton swab to remove buildup.
3. Coil Problems:
- Burnt-out Coil: Over time, the coil inside the vape pen can burn out or become worn, resulting in a lack of vapor production. Replace the coil if it is damaged or no longer functioning properly.
- Incorrect Coil Installation: If the coil is not installed correctly or is not making proper contact with the battery, it can affect the vape pen’s performance. Ensure that the coil is securely and correctly installed.
4. Cartridge Malfunction:
- Faulty Cartridge: The cartridge may be defective, leading to a lack of vapor production. Check for any leaks, clogs, or faulty components. If necessary, replace the cartridge with a new one.
- Empty Cartridge: If empty, it won’t produce any vapor. Some disposable vape pens have a window or indicator to check the liquid level. Replace the cartridge if it is empty.
5. Insufficient Charging:
- Inadequate Charging Time: Ensure that you have charged your vape pen for the recommended duration specified by the manufacturer. Insufficient charging can result in a lack of power and vapor production.
6. Firmware Issues:
- Outdated Firmware: Advanced vape pens with firmware control may experience issues if the firmware is outdated. Check the manufacturer’s website for any available firmware updates and follow the instructions for updating the firmware.
7. User Error:
- Activation Button: Make sure you are pressing the activation button correctly. It’s possible not to press it firmly enough or to accidentally activate other functions that may affect the vape pen’s performance.
- Incorrect Operation: Ensure you follow the correct operational procedures for your vape pen model, such as turning on the device or adjusting temperature settings.
8. Other Potential Causes:
- Manufacturing Defects: In some cases, manufacturing defects may affect the vape pen’s functionality. If you suspect a manufacturing defect, contact the manufacturer or the retailer for further assistance or a replacement.
- Environmental Factors: Extreme temperatures or exposure to moisture can impact the vape pen’s performance. Protect your vape pen from harsh environmental conditions to prevent damage.
Solutions for vape not working after charging
Battery issues are very common in vape pens, so when you buy a vape pen, try to choose which has a removable battery feature. Because when your battery makes problems, it will be easy to change it.
As we have discussed the issues of the vape not working after charging So, we need to elaborate on the solutions.
1. Check the Charging Setup:
Ensure you use the correct charger and charging cable specifically designed for your vape pen model. Confirm that the charger is securely connected to the vape pen battery and power source.
2. Verify Battery Connection:
Double-check that the battery is properly connected to the heating element or cartridge. Ensure a snug and secure connection between the components.
3. Clean the Connections:
If the connections appear dirty or corroded, use a cotton swab or a soft cloth to clean the battery and cartridge connections gently. Removing any dirt or debris can help improve the power flow.
4. Replace the Coil or Cartridge:
If your vape pen has replaceable coils or cartridges, consider replacing them. Over time, coils can wear out, and cartridges can become clogged or faulty. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for proper coil or cartridge replacement.
5. Adjust Temperature Settings:
If your vape pen has adjustable temperature settings, check if the temperature is appropriate for your desired vaping experience. Refer to the user manual for instructions on adjusting the temperature settings.
6. Check the Activation Button:
Make sure you are pressing the activation button correctly. Some vape pens may require multiple clicks or specific button sequences to turn on or operate. Consult the user manual for accurate instructions on using the activation button.
7. Verify Battery Charge:
Ensure that the battery is fully charged. Check the charging indicator or refer to the user manual for the recommended charging time for your vape pen model. If the battery does not hold a charge or drains quickly, it may need to be replaced.
Also Read: Do vape set off smoke alarms?
How do I know if my vape battery is bad?
If you suspect your vape battery is bad, there are a few signs to look out for. One common indication is a noticeable decrease in battery life. If your battery used to last significantly between charges but now drains quickly, it may be a sign of deterioration.
Additionally, if your vape pen is not performing consistently, such as experiencing weak vapor production or inconsistent heating, it could be due to a faulty battery. Another red flag is difficulty charging the battery.
If you encounter challenges getting the battery to charge or it takes an unusually long time to reach a full charge, it may be a sign that the battery is nearing the end of its lifespan. In such cases, we suggest replacing the battery to ensure optimal performance and a satisfactory vaping experience.
In conclusion, if you find that your vape pen not working after charge, there are several potential causes and solutions to consider. Battery issues, connection problems, coil or cartridge malfunctions, insufficient charging, firmware issues, user error, and other factors can all contribute to the problem. By identifying the specific cause and applying the appropriate solution, you can often resolve the issue and get your vape pen working again. However, if you have attempted, the troubleshooting steps and the problem persists. Remember always to prioritize safety and follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer for your specific vape pen model.
Why is my vape pen fully charged but won’t hit?
Possible reasons include a burnt-out or worn coil, a clogged or leaking cartridge, or a loose battery connection. Replace the coil, clean or replace the cartridge, and ensure a secure connection.
Why is my vape pen blinking but not working?
The blinking light often indicates a connectivity issue or a low battery. Check connections, clean them if needed, and ensure a fully charged battery.
How do I keep my vape battery healthy?
Use the recommended charger, avoid overcharging, store in a cool and dry place, clean connections regularly, partially charge before long-term storage, and replace the battery if necessary.